June 2009 Kaplan's Exam tips for ACCA exam course paper P4 – Advanced Financial Management.
Download the latest exam tips and spread the word!
KAPLAN EXAM TIPS FOR ACCA P4
P4 – ADVANCED FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
At the February 2009 ACCA Conference, Bob Ryan suggested that his papers are set 'at random' to prevent students from being able to question spot. Therefore these tips should be treated with care.
However, Bob has already shown that when he writes an article he likes to test that topic (MIRR in June 2008, Default risk in Dec 2008) so certainly students should read his recent Toxic Assets article with interest.
Other key topic areas which are likely to be tested are:
- Business valuation – calculation (especially free cash flow method) and discussion of Methods
- Adjusted Present Value
- Sources of finance discussion (including Business Angels)
- Hedging foreign exchange risk
- Share buyback v Dividends discussion
- Black Scholes model
- And don't forget toxic assets!